The mission of EBGA is to enhance the well-being and beauty of the community by providing gardening space for people to grow organic produce, increasing social interaction in the community and creating a garden in an attractive setting.
- To provide a friendly environment for both new and experienced gardeners that fosters personal interactions, including the exchange of gardening knowledge within the community.
- To encourage sustainable practices by fostering an appreciation for organic gardening.
- To contribute to the community’s beauty by creating an attractive, welcoming garden space.
- To collaborate with the neighborhood food pantry to provide organic produce and/or gardening assistance to needy individuals and families.
The EBGA is managed by an all-volunteer board of neighbors and passionate gardeners. Give them thanks when you see them in the garden:
- Maria Drake, President
- Jeff Fizer, Secretary
- Nick Gracilla, Treasurer
- K. S. Venkataramani, At Large
- Amanda McGee, At Large
Our organization today, in 2020, would be nowhere without the past leadership EBGA enjoyed. When you see them in the garden, please thank:
- Jacob Hogan, past Acting President
- Kathy Carroll, past Secretary
- Kevin O’Rourke, past Treasurer
- Kris Jones, past member At Large
We thank our members, who volunteer on workdays. We also wish to thank:
- K.S., for her past stewardship of the EBGA website, domain name, and newsletters
- Past committee leaders, for their work coordinating events, outreach, and education (list to come).
EBGA partners with organizations to better our community: